Sticky ginger-garlic aubergine
A filling quick supper packed full of flavour and nutrients.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 medium red or white onion sliced
- 1 medium aubergine cut into large dice
- 1/2 medium head broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 fat clove of garlic crushed
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornflour or arrowroot
Heat a couple of tablespoons of water in a large non-stick pan and sauté the onion for a couple of minutes. Add the aubergine and cook for another couple of minutes, then add the broccoli. Pop on the lid, reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes until the veg start to soften.
Place all the sauce ingredients into the jug of a high-speed blender and blitz to smooth (a little texture is ok). Pour over the veggies in the pan and stir to make sure everything is coated.
Bring to boiling point, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce becomes glossy and thick - stir a couple of times to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add the cashew nuts and cook for another minute, then serve garnished with sesame seeds (if using).